Thomas Jefferson, Race, Slavery, and the Problem of American Nationhood
The Department of Africana Studies is coordinating this Walk the Walk Week lecture featuring Pulitzer Prize winner Annette Gordon-Reed, the Charles Warren Professor of American Legal History at Harvard Law School, and Peter Onuf, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial Foundation Professor Emeritus, at the University of Virginia. The speakers co-authored Most Blessed of Patriarchs: Thomas Jefferson and the Empire of the Imagination.
A reception will be held in the Atrium immediately following the lecture.
This event is co-sponsored by:
- College of Arts and Letters
- President’s Office
- Notre Dame Law School
- Constitutional Studies Program
- Democratization Theory Research Cluster, Kellogg Institute for International Studies
- Department of American Studies
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Gender Studies Program
- Institute for Latino Studies
- Keough-Naughton Institute for Irish Studies